44 Harry Kemp Way Provincetown, MA 02657 PHA@ProvincetownHousing.org 508-487-0434


How to Apply

To apply for state-aided public housing, you must use the Common Housing Application for Massachusetts Public Housing (CHAMP). You can apply using CHAMP either online at our CHAMP website, or in person by completing a printed paper application. Both the online and paper applications are available in English, Chinese, Haitian Creole, Khmer, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Vietnamese.

If you have a disability, you have a right to request reasonable accommodation during the application process. To do so, please review the notice below and contact a Local Housing Authority.

Notice to All Applicants – Reasonable Accommodations

Apply Online

  • If you think you have applied on paper for state-aided public housing before, you may search for your application on the CHAMP website using a smartphone (ie iPhone or android), tablet or computer.
  • If you have not applied for state-aided public housing before, you may create a new account online. Using an online account will allow you to make changes to your application in real time and allow for a Local Housing Authority to contact you directly if they need to request additional information.
  • When applying online please pay close attention to the asterisked (*) sections. If these questions are left blank, your application will be incomplete and it will not be fully processed.

Apply on Paper

  • To download a paper CHAMP Application, please see the list below.
  • In order for your application to be complete, you must provide all of the required (*) information and sign the Applicant’s Certification AND the Fair Information Practices Act -Statement of Rights.
  • At the end of the CHAMP application you will need to select housing programs at each Local Housing Authority where you would like to apply. It is important to only apply for housing programs at Local Housing Authorities where you want to live.
  • When you have completed the entire paper application, mail or hand deliver it to a Local Housing Authority. You will only need to send your application to one LHA even if you have applied for housing programs at another.
  • Once your completed paper CHAMP application has been received by a Local Housing Authority, they will enter your information into the CHAMP database and you will be able to access it online using your Application ID Number.
  • Note: Any information provided in your application will need to be verified by a Local Housing Authority before any offer for housing is made.

Paper Applications

What Happens After I Apply?